CARD SERVICES AT FIRST STATE BANK
Safe and Secure Services for Your Protection and Convenience
Our Card Services
When it comes to your debit card, First State Bank offers convenient Card Services to keep your card, account information and identity safe and secure.
Lost or Stolen Cards
If your card is ever lost or stolen, disabling the card quickly is a top priority. First State Bank provides a fast and easy way to cancel your card day or night if it is out of your possession or you notice unauthorized activity. To cancel through our automated service call (877) 660-0266. You can also cancel your card here.
Adding an extra layer of protection to your debit card. This free service alerts you via text message and/or email if suspicious or unusual activity is detected. You can follow the alert instructions to verify a valid transaction – or cancel your card in the event of fraud. You can also cancel your card or release a block by calling our automated number (877) 660-0266. click here.
*Blocks may be placed on a card if suspicious activity is detected. Blocks should only be released if the transaction is verified as a legitimate charge.
Chip-Enabled Online Purchases
Mastercard® has developed a program that helps confirm your identity when you make an online purchase. This service helps make shopping online more secure by protecting against unauthorized use of your card. There’s no need to download anything, install software, or register. During an online purchase from your desktop, mobile or other digital device, you may be guided through an extra check to verify your identity. This helps us ensure you’re you and better protect you from fraud. See other FAQs below:
- What is the benefit?
- Through this program, you have an added layer of protection that helps to prevent the unauthorized use of your card while shopping online. This service helps us know you're really you and most importantly it protects you from fraud.
- Can I use both debit and credit cards?
- Yes. This service was designed for both credit and debit cards when shopping online.
- How will I know if my online purchase has this added layer of protection?
- This service automatically works at checkout with participating merchants. Remember, there is no need to download anything, install software, or register your account to get this added layer of protection.