FIRST STATE BANK MONEY MARKET ACCOUNTS
Earn Interest, Readily Access Cash
What Our Money Market Accounts Offer
If you want a savings account that offers a competitive rate of interest and still allows you to maintain some check-writing ability and access to cash, First State Bank’s Money Market accounts are the perfect fit for you. You can open a Money Market account and avoid any minimum balance fees by maintaining a balance of $2,500. Each month, you'll receive great interest on your account and still have the flexibility to write a few checks or withdraw cash. We encourage you to stop by your nearest First State Bank location to learn more about our Money Market accounts and current rates.
There’s only a $50 deposit required to open a Money Market account.
Fast Facts About Our Money Market Accounts
- INTEREST WILL BE COMPOUNDED ON A MONTHLY BASIS.
- INTEREST WILL BE CREDITED TO YOUR MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT ON A MONTHLY BASIS.
- YOU MAY MAKE UP TO SIX (6) DEBIT TRANSACTIONS FROM YOUR ACCOUNT PER STATEMENT CYCLE.
- IF YOU CLOSE YOUR MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT BEFORE INTEREST IS CREDITED, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE UNCREDITED ACCRUED INTEREST.
- INTEREST BEGINS TO ACCRUE NO LATER THAN THE BUSINESS DAY WE RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THE DEPOSIT OF NONCASH ITEMS (E.G., CHECKS).
- THE INTEREST RATE AND ANNUAL PERCENTAGE YIELD ON YOUR MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT MAY CHANGE.
- WE MAY CHANGE THE INTEREST RATE ON YOUR MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT AT OUR DISCRETION.
Money Market Account Fees
First State Bank’s fees for our Money Market accounts are as follows:
- THE MINIMUM BALANCE FEE OF $15 WILL BE APPLIED ONCE PER STATEMENT CYCLE IF THE BALANCE OF YOUR ACCOUNT FALLS BELOW $2,500 ANY DAY DURING THE STATEMENT CYCLE.
- A $10 CHARGE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR EACH TRANSFER OVER THE MONTHLY LIMIT.
Additional fees that may be associated with your Money Market account are disclosed in the "Other Services and Fees" section of the disclosure provided at the bank. Contact the nearest FSB branch to learn more.
OPEN A MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT TODAY
If you want an account that earns interest but still gives you quick access to funds, we invite you to open a Money Market account with First State Bank today. Just stop by the FSB location nearest you or give us a call!
Opening an account with us online is a pretty straightforward process, but we will happily help you out if your need any assistance.
If you prefer to talk to a person, our friendly and experienced bankers are ready to assist! Contact your local banker and they will gladly walk you through the process.