FIRST STATE BANK VIP MONEY MARKET ACCOUNTS
More Benefits than Standard Money Market Accounts
What is a VIP Money Market Account?
First State Bank’s VIP Money Market accounts are a step up from our standard Money Market accounts. VIP Money Market offers a higher interest rate than standard accounts and still allows you to have some check-writing ability and access to cash. You can open a VIP Money Market account, and if you maintain a minimum balance of $5,000, we will waive any minimum balance fees to put you on the right track to receive a great APY.
There’s only a $100 deposit required to open a VIP Money Market account.
VIP Money Market Facts
- INTEREST WILL BE COMPOUNDED AND CREDITED TO YOUR VIP MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT ON A MONTHLY BASIS.
- YOU ARE ALLOWED UP TO SIX (6) PREAUTHORIZED TRANSFERS FROM YOUR VIP MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT EACH MONTH.
- IF YOU DECIDE TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT BEFORE INTEREST IS CREDITED, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE UNCREDITED ACCRUED INTEREST.
- INTEREST BEGINS TO ACCRUE NO LATER THAN THE BUSINESS DAY WE RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THE DEPOSIT OF NONCASH ITEMS (E.G., CHECKS).
- THE INTEREST RATE AND ANNUAL PERCENTAGE YIELD ON YOUR MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT MAY CHANGE.
- WE MAY CHANGE THE INTEREST RATE ON YOUR MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT AT OUR DISCRETION.
Are There Fees?
In a word, yes. Our fees for VIP Money Market accounts are provided below:
- FIRST STATE BANK WILL APPLY A MINIMUM BALANCE FEE OF $20 PER STATEMENT CYCLE IF THE BALANCE OF YOUR ACCOUNT FALLS BELOW $5,000 ANY DAY DURING THE STATEMENT CYCLE.
- A $10 FEE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR EVERY TRANSFER ABOVE THE MONTHLY MAXIMUM (I.E., FOR EVERY TRANSACTION AFTER THE SIXTH).
Additional fees that could be associated with a VIP Money Market account are disclosed in the "Other Services and Fees" section of the disclosure provided at the bank. Reach out to the First State Bank branch nearest you to learn more.
OPEN YOUR VIP MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT TODAY
Start earning competitive interest on your savings by opening a VIP Money Market account with First State Bank. We invite you to reach out to the closest FSB branch in person or by phone to get started today.
If you like the convenience of doing everything online from the comfort of your home or office, this option is for you. Applying for an account with us online is a pretty straightforward process, but we will happily help you out if your need any assistance. Just contact the branch nearest you and we will make sure you get everything set up smoothly.
If you prefer to talk to a person, our friendly and experienced bankers are ready to assist! Contact your local banker and they will gladly walk you through the process.