What you need to know about ATM/Debit Card Overdraft Services
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdraft in two different ways:
- WE HAVE STANDARD OVERDRAFT PRACTICES THAT COME WITH YOUR ACCOUNT
- WE ALSO OFFER OVERDRAFT PROTECTION PLANS, SUCH AS A LINK TO ANOTHER DEPOSIT ACCOUNT, WHICH MAY BE LESS EXPENSIVE THAN OUR STANDARD OVERDRAFT PRACTICES. TO LEARN MORE, ASK US ABOUT THESE PLANS. THIS NOTICE EXPLAINS OUR STANDARD OVERDRAFT PRACTICES.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- CHECKS AND OTHER TRANSACTION MADE USING YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBER
- AUTOMATIC BILL PAYMENTS
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM TRANSACTIONS
- EVERY DAY CARD TRANSACTIONS
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize or pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if First State Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- WE WILL CHARGE YOU A FEE OF $29.00 EACH TIME WE PAY AN OVERDRAFT.
- THERE IS NO LIMIT ON THE TOTAL FEES WE CAN CHARGE YOU FOR OVERDRAWING YOUR ACCOUNT.
What if I want First State Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and every day debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 940 665-1711 or metro 940-349-5444 and ask for “OPT IN” assistance or complete and submit the form below.